Sunday 5 July 2009

HEAVEN IS A RAIN SHOWER.

Sometimes one just needs to get wet.

A shower is not enough when sweat is making up more than 100 percent of your body. Today I felt I was festering away in ill gotten high temperatures whilst people in the developed world freeze their asses off, and I doubt that was even a correct assertion in the least. Truth is, I hate sweating like a pig on steroids. And I hate having having no fan in my apartment, which isn't really something I can't be blamed for, I think. So when the heavens opened on me today I almost shouted, cheered and rolled about like a maniac on speed and Red Bull prescriptions.

Personally, I love the rain like I love a hot shower. The one thing I would thank the Lord for if I was even remotely religious would be the fact it rains. Rain makes me feel comfortable beyond belief. It's cool atmosphere makes it a thing of beauty to my mind and if it rained everyday, as it does during Rainy Season in Japan to my delight and others chagrin, I wouldn't complain too much. Let me clarify that getting wet is something that I enjoy from a rain perspective, and there is no better smell than fresh rain to make one nostalgic for things past. When you're from the UK rain is something that forms an essential part of life and you're prepared for it every time you even suspect there may be a drop of it due. We're not as doggedly rigid as the Japanese, for whom the slightest mention that there's going to be rain induces the whole of Tokyo - and I mean every person in Tokyo here - to carry an umbrella, but we're close enough! I bet you anyone reading this of a British nature can identify ten places to shelter instantly anywhere they go! I know I can, that's life in the grim North-West. (The same goes for shoot outs too!)

But the very fact that it even rained today has improved my temper immeasurably and that's the best thing about this gloomy and miserable and forlorn and downright Dickensian weather we're having down here in Seba World today! Hopefully floods of a Biblical nature will ensue soon and I can really chill out!

Mnsr Seba



No comments: