Saturday 30 January 2010

One Month of Monsieuring About Like A You Know What.

Sometimes the life of a monsieur is fraught with difficulties, vagueness and downright obfuscation. At least, thats what it seems like anyway. 

Being the very epitome of a monsieur, and also being named after one by my creators, I admit to feeling a certain sense of Monsieurness every time I open my eyes in the evening and lay my head down the next time I choose to do the thing they call "sleep". And being a Monsieur, this is the perfect weather to indulge in some like activities. The future, it seems is spray painted in bright neon taggers letters "Here". That is, it's happening as we speak and being gobbled up by the monster they call Past as we stand. After this last month of busyness in my Monsieur like grind house of creativity and salty sweat, I must say that being busy really is the key to self fulfillment in these days of economic uncertainty. Well, it's always been the way to self fulfillment, and sometimes I find it's best not to know what is going on in the world outside and concentrate on your own existence for a while. 

This month has been very similar to a crash course in seasonal disorders, with ideas and concepts flying backwards and forwards around my cranium like a poltergeists bar brawl. Feels good, too, to be creative and busy. Some would argue that the difference between creativity and actual work is the clean needle supplier in your neighborhood, and they'd be wrong. If you apply yourself well enough, creativity can become an avenue to prosperity and freedom. Every Monsieur knows this to be a fact, and tries to be true to themselves and their latent creativity. In Paris, it's called being French, and everywhere else it has different meanings entirely. But in my world it's called being a Monsieur.

Le Monsieur

No comments: