Friday 1 January 2010

A Pessimistic New Year.

Le Monsieur wants to say Happy New Year to you all, but pessimism is overtaking his nsul like Triffids in London .

My friend Seba Rashii, he's so cheerful, so people tell me. "Why can't you be like him?" People say to me. "Sacre bleu!" I spit into these people's faces, and say "I am a Monsieur! Le Monsieur is not a cheerful person, he is a culturally over sensitive critic with a hate for everything modern. How you can expect me to be cheerful when the world is drowning in balloons and fireworks?" This Seba Rashii, my friend, he write often they say for his loyal readers, and "why you not do that?" they ask me as if I am Le President of the world. If Seba Rashii has the time for writing so much, I say he should write my blog for me! 

Yes, whilst I'm out at art galleries snorting over my coffin nails and sipping wine less than delicately, the unrelenting pessimism of the art critic can never be seen to lapse. The imperative points are that nothing is original and wine is the only thing of importance, because it's that which gets the pained critique through the galleries corridors in the first place.  Yes, when you hear us praise the fearless individualism of a painting or work, we are in fact saying this about everything we see. Art critics are cunts, you see. Their noses are bent from turning them up all the time. Unless it's Van Gogh, you may as well give up trying to impress these classically trained soul vacuums. 

I hear this Seba is an artisan with words and I must go now now to criticize his work before he reads this and sends his Sebalitia over to my studio to arrest me for treason. You think it's Seba World? Is more like Seba Dictatorship! I have heard that listening to The Beatles will get you executed..

Happy New Year,

Le Monsieur.

No comments: