Sunday 19 July 2009

VITAL ORGANS AND SUNNY DAYS.

Never having been one to boast, but as days off go, this has been a pretty good one!

You know how you can hear it raining when you wake up and it just instantly makes one of those pre-emotive onomatopoeic moments? Well, it was one of them for me. My son, for once waking up after me, remained the same juice demanding, Dora watching tyrant he always is at nine am, but I felt somehow unable to wake up at all, and had a nuclear bomb strength coffee to edge my existence into more clearer territory than it previously had been.

Now that I could see clearly out of one eye, I considered myself in a fit enough state to look in the mirror, not something I do often actually for some reason, and check that my face is still there. What with the spate of burglaries recently, you never know what will go missing. One of these days, I'll learn to lose my Scouseland paranoia , seemingly a genetic imprint from every Liverpool jibe you hear as a child. It's not just non-Liverpudlians who hide their items in Liverpool, it's the Liverpool people too. Out of good sense and a general feeling of wanting to remain personally intact when I return from a day out.

It shouldn't be an issue, after all this is not a Russian back street "medical centre" where you go in a for a health check and leave minus several vital organs. My neighborhood is blessed with so many blue rinse persons and rusting lamp posts that this is the last place anyone would want to steal body parts. My coffee did help rid those thoughts from my head and I eventually enjoyed a lovely day in the park with my son, jumping in very muddy puddles, eating cinnamon rolls, and being generally very childish.

Point being? Well, just that life is god when it seems so mundane and bizarre. I thoroughly recommend everyone to do absolutely everything of a random, fun nature with their kids on a Sunday.

Fun.

Mnsr Seba

No comments: